Thursday, July 06, 2006

I left my heart...

Ok, well part of my job is coordinating events. We had a gala. Guess Who, was the entertainment? It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it, right? I'm not bragging - just playing around trying to post a picture on my blog. I'm such a techno-dummie that 1)I don't know where the cable is to my camera, 2)if Idid know where it was, I don't know how to download and 3)this photo was easy because it was on a disc from the photographer and all I had to do was email it to myself. Come on folks - cut me some slack - I'm a newbie!! Anyway, it happened a few months ago but it was really cool. Over 550 folks in black-tie & gowns with a catered dinner in a huge white tent. The concert, to a sold-out crowd of over 1500, was in our little hometown theater. Other than the obvious photo, a highlight of the evening was when Guess Who laid down his mic and told his people to cut the sound and music and he sang an entire song a'capella! It was entrancing! He was very impressed with our little "gem" of a theater. It was an evening to remember for me and HWFRCA!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*squeals* I love Tony Bennett. My fiance and I went to see him about three years ago and we were the youngest ones there. But, he is fabulous and so totally cute. What an awesome showman